Monday, June 10, 2013

Just another manic Monday

It really is "just another manic Monday." Except that I had to ask Joel if it really was Monday! That is a normal question around here these days!

It has been raining constantly around here... We had rain all spring long and never really had true spring weather. It stayed very cool. The benefit of the cool weather was that I was able to be outside a lot and our hemlock trees grew as if they had never grown before. Normally our trees will grow about an inch each spring-light green growth right on the tip of the branches. This year, our hemlocks grew 4 inches. I have lived here for 9 years and have never seen this much growth in one spring. These trees were brought from the mountains and planted here some years ago, and they are quite prized in our yard. We keep a close eye on them at all times. My husband won't even let me trim the end of one branch to clear my walking path. :-) It's okay, though, I've grown to love them too. Here are two of the hemlocks in between two of our pecan trees (also highly prized).



Just last week we weathered Tropical Storm Andrea. It was a real frog strangler. It rained sideways and frontways and backways. Today it rained just as hard, just not as long. I put my cactus out because it needed sun. Now I'm not so sure it won't drown. It's looking a little brown.

On to other news... The medicine is doing exactly what it is supposed to do in my body. It is killing the Lyme at a very fast rate. But that means that the days of feeling good are over. It is really hard to come to grips with this. I went out this weekend, but learned that now when I go out, I need my wheelchair all the time. My wonderful friend Heather supplied me with one and it is great! My awesome Sunday school class is going to be recording the lessons for me so that I can still be included and learn from the Bible. I was feeling very disconnected from church since I haven't been able to go, and this will help a ton. I've been super emotional as of late. The Lyme is in all parts of my brain-especially my frontal lobe. I cry because I feel terrible; I cry because I'm overwhelmed. Last night was the all-time low, though. I cried because one of the chickens pecked me. Looking back it is pretty funny. I'm surprised Joel held it together without laughing his head off at me. In my defense, however, it hurt really bad! This was the perpetrator:



She has a terribly sharp beak and is a proficient flier. I have three of these White-Faced Black Spanish chickens and their names are Ruby, Garnet, and Sapphire. So far, Ruby is the only one I can single out because her comb is really red. The other two look just alike.

Writing about things I love makes me super happy. But I do need your prayers now more than ever. Some days I don't remember anything about the day before. Sometimes I get so groggy during my treatments that it takes everything I have to stay awake. As the toxins build up in my body, I get very sick and spend hours in bed or on the couch. This afternoon I felt well enough to go take care of the chickens. It lasted about 20 minutes and then the fatigue hit and I couldn't move off the couch. But so it goes. I have to make it though a summer of this. Pray for me and pray for those who are taking care of me. Please donate to help us pay for the medical treatment that costs $50,000. We need more than money too. If you can help out in any way, please let us know. Leave a comment or contact me through FB or email. And if you don't do anything else, watch Duck Dynasty for me. I love me some Si!

No comments: