Friday, February 4, 2011

Pimento Cheese



I was talking to my best friend about a week ago-this is how it went:
Crystal: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Fixin' to make pimento cheese."
Crystal: "What?"
Me: "I'm fixin' to make pimento cheese."
Crystal: "Allison, I can't understand what you are saying!"
Me: "I am going to make pi-men-to cheese."
Crystal: "What in the world is that?"

For those of you who have been deprived and have never tried pimento cheese, I thought I'd give a recipe!

First you need a block of cheddar cheese. I prefer mild, but some people prefer medium or sharp cheese. Grate it into pieces as small as you want (this is not an exact science!).


The second ingredient is diced pimentos. You will add half of the pimentos to the cheese. Make sure you drain them well.


Third, add about 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, preferably Duke's Mayonnaise.



Stir well and you have homemade pimento cheese!


Pimento cheese is best served on crackers, celery, or spread in between two pieces of white bread! It is a great snack or shower food.

No comments: